Fall 1.0 (I learned my lesson with Spring 1.0, remember?) has arrived. Beautiful, cool weather, cold nights, low humidity--the only thing that would make it better would be at least three days straight of rain. However, even without the rain, I'm going to enjoy it. I rather like not waking up to air conditioning.

And I know I'm probably jinxing myself, but it would be nice if I could say that I had turned it off for the year!

The next goal to achieve is my no heat until Nov. 1st goal, which I've never quite achieved. (Yet.)

Mmmmmmm. This is my favorite time of the year.

I wore jeans last night when I came home from work. JEANS!

I also picked 1/2 bushel of tomatoes, more peppers, and my lima beans dried on me, so I picked the ones that were ready to pick. Now I'll have dried limas. Oh well.

I also filched one sweet potato, because I wanted to see if I would have any, and I have some. I'm considering just putting the sprouting sweet potatoes in jars of water now--surely by the time they are ready to plant out again they'll be long vines. It would look pretty, at least.

But since the weather is getting cooler, I also really have to think about cleaning up the dining room in preparation for the plants coming back indoors. That should also be on the priority list, or else it will be moving plant time and I will be sunk.

Comments

Popular Posts