Nothing I purchase and nothing I currently own can give me what I truly want--which is more time to do what I love.

I've been thinking about this sentence for the past few days. Thinking about it really hard. Because while it's true, and it's also true I have way too much stuff, I'm not going to sell everything I own and move out of this house right now. It's just not going to happen.

I know my goal: to have more time to do what I love to do. And this isn't only time for me; it's time for my family as well. I'd love to be able to spend a day with my niece or nephews without having to worry about going to work the next day or anything like that. I'd love to have more time, period.

And so, since that's my goal, then I need to work towards it instead of moping around here because I could have done this, or this, or this, and things would have been different (which has, unfortunately, been my thought process lately.)

I'll get there. I've identified my goal; I can identify a process to work my way towards it. It's not going to be something that happens overnight. It might not happen for a year, even two. But it will happen. And until then, I will work towards my goal (broad though it is.)

Every little bit counts.


Comments

Grey Walker said…
It's good to remember that every little bit counts. I tend to think in huge swaths, too, and to get discouraged if I'm not making any. :)

Popular Posts