So I'm considering selling the big loom. I realize I just got it, and haven't used it at all, but I purchased Talia at the same time, and... I'm not sure a 45" loom is a good fit for me. I like Talia. I'd say 30" would be the largest width I'd be comfortable with, truly. (Talia is 24".)

I weave smaller stuff. Scarves and shawls and suchlike. I'm not a big rug person, or tablecloth person, or fabric for clothes (I want to weave fabric for a cloak at one point, but I also want to use handspun, and I can sew panels together; that's not very difficult.)

I love rag rugs, don't get me wrong, but I also realize that I have very little time to weave in the first place. And even if I get a job closer to home, I doubt I'd use that extra time to weave. I'd use it to write, or garden, or cook or spin.

If I sell the big loom (which I can do locally, and also include the strips of fabric I bought when I had my Union #36) then I can bring down the table from my former craft room and have a spot to cut out patterns in the "studio", which means I won't have to use the library table, which wouldn't have been an issue, really, but keeps everything in the "studio."

It's something to think about, at least. Especially since I know there was one other person (at least) interested when I bought it.

Comments

Popular Posts