So today I'm upstairs in the Nasty Bedroom, which needs to be turned back into a guest room. I am ashamed to say it has been like this since December of 2009.

I am up to four full bags of garbage with three more almost full. Some of it has been in garbage bags for that long; it's just paper stuff, mostly, and never dragged down the stairs. Others, not so nice.

Since I am also carrying down the mattress, I don't really want to overwhelm the garbage men. So I am aiming to put out six or seven bags of garbage plus the mattress and my garbage can and that's it for this week. I am hoping to bag up everything and have it ready to go for next week/the week after (depending on how much garbage I end up with.

Most of what remains in that room is Bekah's from when she lived here; she has assured me that she's going to come and sort through it on her spring break. I'd really like that closet back, not to mention the room.

Originally, this was supposed to become the spare bedroom/sewing room, but since the sewing machine is downstairs, I'm not sure if I'll just keep it as the spare bedroom or store some fabric in the chest of drawers or what. Dad is going to give me the bed I slept in when I was a kid (along with a mattress and box springs, yay!) so the brass bed/s will end up going to Burlington.

But at least I'm making progress. I'm stopping for lunch, and then onward.


Comments

Popular Posts