The questions I need to ask myself are: Will selling this item bring me closer to my goal or hinder me reaching my goal? Is it something easily replaceable? If so, then sell it. If not, then the question should be is this something I will use often? If not, then sell it. If yes, then keep it. And so on.

Hence the reason why the Penguin wheel will be going up for sale along with Lucia--the Penguin wheel because I already have a Columbine wheel for art yarn, and multi-plied yarn. I really don't need the Penguin wheel.

Lucia, because while I love spinning on her and love her in general, she's not a very portable wheel. And also, while I have a spinning wheel collection, I'm not really a spinning wheel collector. Lucia is an L. Brown Farnham copy. I'm hoping to at least get my money back for her.

Lucia in the library, in front of the fireplace
Lucia in the library

Sofia will be here with me forever; if I had to sell every other wheel I own, Sofia would be the one who stays. Eliza is my travel Saxony; Bissons are so nice and sturdy and lovely, and she's a trooper, even with the wrong drive wheel. Gloriana is my CPW, and while I don't use her often, perhaps I will once I get the herd thinned down a bit. I have two Great Wheels who are staying; the rest can go. All three project Saxonies will be going once I get them fixed. And Julius, of course, my Columbine, is also staying.

That will leave me with four spinning wheels and two Great Wheels, which is plenty, and still too many, but it's better than before.

ETA: The Hobbit wheel was posted for sale and sold already, so that's a good start.

Comments

Popular Posts