It's July already. The year is half over. I can't believe it!

Vicki posted a State-of-the-Writer report yesterday. I thought it was such a good idea that I decided to filch it and write my own. ;)

After I finished Counting the Stars,January found me continuing to write Scarecrows, the third book in the Beth-Hill series. This remains unfinished, but is on my list to finish after The Eighth Room. I also sold Counting the Stars this month.

During February and March and April, I wrote Nightshades. This was my first finished novel for the year. During that time, I also sold Bound in Shadows, The Dead Who Do Not Sleep, and Blood of the Innocents (formerly titled Absolutely Nothing.)

May found me writing The Eighth Room. I also got to cover an auction for AntiqueWeek, which was cool. Budget Cuts was released in May as well.

June found me writing The Eighth Room, even though I'd hoped to finish it quickly. I also wrote The Secret of Redemption, the sequel to Budget Cuts. I went on vacation with a laundry list of things to do, and didn't finish a single one of them. (But I read a lot of books.)

July finds me writing The Eighth Room, but I only have about 15k left until it's done, and it's moving along nicely. I also sold The Secret of Redemption, which means I need to update my bibliography page.

Next on my list writing-wise is finishing Scarecrows, and then the revision of Nightshades. I also have the edits back for Counting the Stars, which I hope to take a look at this weekend, and I still have the edits for The Dead Who Do Not Sleep to work on. The edits for Blood of the Innocents need to be sent to Sandy this weekend.

At the moment, I have nothing out in submission. This is largely because I don't have anything to send into submission just yet. The only thing unsold that has been rejected (more than once, I might add) is my short story The Twa Sisters. I'm still not sure what I will do about that one.

So. That's where I stand at the moment, unless I forgot something. Busy half a year, no?

WIPs on my list for later in the year/next year (depending, and in no apparent order) include So You Want to be a Vampire, Sid and Peterson's Practical Guide to Hell, The Redemption of Joshua Bates, the third Karen Montgomery Beth-Hill story (as-yet-untitled, but I already have an idea for it), a Beth-Hill story that stars the Animal Control Officer of Beth-Hill (might need some research for that one), Trapped in the Spiritworld with an Internet Connection, the next Jacob Lane book (I need to find my title list), Bells Will Be Ringing (the next Beth-Hill novel (Sarah and Michael get married), the sequel to Blood of the Innocents, the YA novel that stars Enapay and probably Eri, and also Enapay's accordian, Drat, the sequel to Nightshades (I might wait on this one), the possible sequel to Nine Lives and Three Wishes (vague at the moment, but it will come), and probably quite a few new things that grab my attention. :)

Whew.

Comments

Unknown said…
"State of the Writer"? Oh! I like that. Mind if I filch it from you? :)
Jennifer said…
Go right ahead!

Popular Posts