This is my 1700th post on this blog. Yikes!

Compared to last weekend, this weekend is looking positively somnolent. (Is that the word I want to use? I think so.) I have nothing much planned, other than attempting to get the edits for CtS and TSoR done and out the door and writing SCR.
 
Oh, I do also want to go to WalMart and get Hildy the ‘gate’ thingy (because she could play outside!) and some more yarn if they have any of the color I want in stock. But that’s about it, which is nice. Definitely a nice change from last weekend.
 
Um. Speaking of SCR, I didn’t get very far last night, but it is inching forward. Since I really have plenty of time to finish this one (like, I could take a year if I want to, because it’s not in any way spoken for) I’m just going to take my time. (Although I’m thinking about being finished with SCR by Labor Day weekend. Which should actually be plenty of time.)
 
And that brings me to another question: What to write next.
 
With the edits out of the way hopefully by the end of the weekend, my plate’s pretty empty for the rest of this month, at least. I know I wrote a State-of-the-Writer Report just a week or so ago, but it doesn’t hurt to decide what to write next and start thinking about it when I’m not thinking about SCR.
 
According to my calculations, the edit/revision of NS should be next. I’m not sure how long they are going to take, but I have a feeling I’ll be using my computer for this particular edit, which means I’ll be doing it from home.
 
Which means I need something to write during lunch at work. (Which means two WIPs, technically, but that’s okay for a little while.)
 
So, after thinking about what I have on my harddrive unfinished, and depending on whether I get ambushed by any new ideas before that time, I think I will attempt to rewrite and finish So You Want to be a Vampire. I feel a need to write something humorous after the gloom and doom of NS, and SCR. (TER wasn’t exactly full of gloom and doom, but it wasn’t a walk in the park either.)
 
And depending on how long that takes to finish and revise, I’m looking at November, which is NaNoWriMo. Traditionally, I write something new for November, but I don’t always get it done in a month due to the craft shows, etc. But we shall see how things go before I commit myself any farther down the calendar than that.
 
I can’t believe it’s almost August. Ethan’s second birthday is next Sunday! I should also pony up to my pledge to write him a story for each birthday, but I do have a week for that and they aren’t hard to write. Hmm. It’s a shame I can’t draw very well or I’d illustrate it. I could always try, after all. Which would be very interesting. :)

Comments

Popular Posts