This weekend is yard sale weekend for both Bethel and Georgetown. Curiously enough, I only stopped at one yard sale so far, and that one was across the street.

However, I did go to a local auction with Dad. Came home with four quilts (one for fabric, because it's almost gone, three that are quite nice with minimal damage--one has a feedsack backing, which is cool), a blue stoneware bowl, a rocking chair (I have no idea where I'm going to put this, incidentally), and a vision self-tester thingy from 1928.

I would have probably bought more and gone way overbudget, but we had to get back. So I left the rest of the quilts to another lucky bidder.

And everyone there who knew who we were said something good about my AntiqueWeek article. I almost felt like a celebrity. :)

Comments

Popular Posts