Saturday evening, I am going to a Civil War era Grand Ball.

It's Grant Days in Georgetown, which is evidently a celebration of the birthday of U.S. Grant. There's stuff going on all day on Saturday, including a Civil War wedding at the courthouse less than a mile from my house, and Morgan's Raiders attempting to stop the wedding. A house tour, a Ladies Tea, and a fashion show.

And the ball. I almost have my costume ready. (Period costumes are required.) All I have to do is sew a sash this evening, and then I am done. (And I'm not going to mess with it any more, since I've been messing with it for a week now.)

Next year, I will make a dress for the ball. The one I have is not really period--it will do just fine, but it's not entirely in the right period for the Civil War.

Soanyway.

I'm rereading HD now. Getting ideas as to what needs to be changed in it as well. Not a lot, just stuff that has always bothered me a bit. Which is good.

Comments

Popular Posts