Personally, I think vampire hunters should be given a dose of their own medicine to see how much they enjoy being staked. But I digress.

I have decided to attempt to take a stab at finishing Ladybug, Ladybug as my writing to-do today.

A snippet:

"I think the exterminators the library hired are secret vampire hunters," I said before I lost my nerve. "I came here because they had me fill out a questionnaire that didn't look quite right. I only got to question #7, but when you called, I thought they might have kidnapped you."

"Vampire hunters don't kidnap vampires," Jesse said from another room. "They kill us. Without mercy. Not that we'd give them mercy, if we had the opportunity, of course." He poked his head through the doorway. "Did you sic them on us?"

"Not unless the death you mentioned happened in the past hour," I said. "And I stopped answering the questions when they got too strange."

"I don't want to leave," Ivy said, almost wringing her hands. "But apartments aren't the best places to hide from the Hunters. I'm sorry to do this to you, but..."

I held up my hands. "Wait. I think you should contact the Council. And there has to be a way I can help you both. You shouldn't have to flee."

For a moment, Jesse lost his sneer. "No, we shouldn't have to flee. But that's how it is. It happens. They come. And if we want to live, we leave town."

And onward... I think Kyren might have a part in this one. We shall see.

Let's see. Today would have been nice, except for the brutal wind. Needless to say, I didn't get much done outside. But I did finally clean out the litterboxes and Hildy's cage, and successfully clipped Mabel's front toenails. I'm not quite sure how I will manage to do the back ones, since getting her to hold still is just next to impossible. I also started my laundry, which I will finish this evening.

Comments

Popular Posts