Today was the Bethel Yard Sales. I had $50 in spending money, and I spent almost all of it.

Dad, however, got the bargain of the day: a signed and numbered John Ruthven Black Maned Lion print (framed, even) for $10.

I got a Singer Tiny Serger for $15, which means I can now learn to serge (haha!), an old picnic-style basket for $3, four old glass flower pots (milk glass and that other glass that is on the tip of my tongue and won't come off.. agate? No... Arco? maybe...) for $1.50, a quilt that I think has a secret for $10, a quilt hanger for the wall (I've been looking for one to display my maybe log cabin quilt, which is my best one) for $5, an aluminum juicer that you put over a glass for $.50, a metal tray with stylized daffodils on it for $.50, a lovely green Frankoma vase for $1.00, an aluminum bowl with flowers around the rim for $1.00, an older butterfly tin, a tin full of seed beads, and probably something else that I'm forgetting. (I haven't unpacked the basket yet, which is where I stashed everything.)

It was a great day for yard sales, though.

And now, I get to mow the lawn, because it's evidently supposed to rain tomorrow. *sigh* Although, now that I look, it's only a 30% chance of rain. Hmm.

I will probably just mow this evening and be done with it, though. It does need to be done.

And I bought Mabel a bag of big carrots. She loves carrots, so I thought I'd get her a bag of her own. That way, she can eat some vegetables instead of chomping on dog biscuits all the time.

Comments

Popular Posts