Whew! I needed that. It's nice to be able to talk to a friend and spend a little time for myself without worrying about everyone at home. Although I do think Mabel was happy to see me get home. :)

Jenny and I met at B&N, where I picked up Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff, The Eyre Affair and Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde, and Storm Front by James Butcher.

The whole journey would have been worth it just for Smoke and Shadows, which continues one of my all-time favorite series. Yay! And the Harry Dresden series looks quite interesting as well. I think I'm going to enjoy reading that one too. (Of course Bekah has already stolen Smoke and Shadows, since she read that series and really liked it too. So I'll have to wait a bit to read it. Hopefully I won't have to wait long.)

We also browsed the knitting books and I saw lots and lots of butt-ugly designs. I think I'm going to dust off that idea I had for a craft book, because the designs these publishers are publishing... *shudder* But anyway.

Then we ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, where I probably talked too much. But Jenny didn't seem to mind, and I really enjoyed an evening to myself for a change. It took me less than an hour and a half to get home, which was nice, and now I'm ready to get ready for bed.

I might write a little first, though. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts