I made this into an icon to use on Livejournal, but I thought I would share it here as well. Don't mind the dirty rug--it attracts cat hair like my porchlight attracts bugs!

It has been so warm this weekend. In the 60s--and it was even still 60 degrees last night before I went to bed. But it's not January weather at all. This is like a fleeting taste of springtime, which makes me pine for sowing seeds (it doesn't help that the seed catalogs are already coming in the mail) and preparing more of the garden.

Alas, I have been inside more than out (although Mabel and I did go outside yesterday, where I clipped her nails again (they're almost right now) and gave her a good brushing.) It's sunny, too, which makes my plants happy.

I do have one thing to complain about, however. After surviving the week-long cold from Hell, I got the (so far week and two day) cold from Purgatory. This one has so far consisted of mostly snot and coughing, which is very irritating. I do not like the fact that despite my precautions, I ended up with two colds! (So far. I mean, I was only recovered for a week!) Ugh. Not fun. I'm going through tissues like I go through tea.

And of course I'm still working on HD. At the moment, the plan is to finish it (no end-date goal yet, just in case this version doesn't work out) and then write TSS. I have to find homes for the Karen Montgomery stories, and then we'll see. I would like to finish SYWTBAV this year, at least.

We took the tree down (finally) yesterday. After wrestling it out the door, I had to deal with the 1,999,999,999,999 needles that covered the hallway, floor, both rugs, and everything else in between. (I'm not kidding--the floor and the rug in front of the door were green.) I don't think we'll be getting that kind of tree next year, even though I do like them. And we only lost three ornaments, too! (One was the cats' fault, one was my fault, and one was 'nobody's' fault. The one that was my fault was actually sucked up by the sweeper, and the pressure was so great that it blew out a hole in the other side of the ball. I'm probably lucky it didn't explode in my face.)

Now all the Christmas stuff is being collected in the dining room, where I can (eventually) go through it, box it up securely, and take it down to the basement.

I did manage to get my laundry put away yesterday (minus two unmated socks) but today I really have to do my laundry from last week. So hopefully I will get that done.

Oh, and so far, it looks like my dud battery theory was correct for my Dana. Because I put in the new battery while I was off, left it plugged in for almost an entire day (just in case) and haven't had a problem so far. So yay for that.

From Eric, I just had to post this for Jenny (hopefully you will see this) You Knit What?!

I actually had to stop reading it for a while so I would stop coughing while I was laughing at some of the comments.

I think I should send them a picture of my demonic gingerbread men.

Comments

Popular Posts