Since I'm (finally) running out of places in the house to clean (no, really! The only rooms left on my list are the downstairs bathroom and the laundry room, and they are touch-up organizations, nothing more) I decided that this weekend (well, today) was Basement Weekend.

That means, clean it out and organize what is left.

I actually don't have a lot down the basement that is 'mine'. Most of it is leftover garbage from the PO (previous owner) whose helpers didn't dare to venture down the basement to clean it out. We got a large bag of garbage out when we moved the freezer, so that part of the basement is actually clean, but the rest needs to be bagged up and gotten rid of.

There is a nice wooden workbench down there, as well as two metal ones that have seen better days but are still useable, especially for keeping my plastic containers of not-garbage off the floor.

Mom and Dad are coming in a bit to help. I asked nicely and they said yes. I am happy about this, because I think with help, it will go really fast! Since most of the stuff is garbage, I mean.

So thanks (as usual) Mom and Dad. :)

I worked on the idea for the Valentine's Day themed dolls last night and sketched out a prototype (especially of the face; I don't want to get that wrong. Now all I have to do is find the right pattern (it's somewhere in my pattern folders--in a ziplock bag, even, but I'm having trouble finding it) and then I get to make the first doll. I'm really looking forward to this set. It will be fun. (I will post a picture when I'm done with the first one.)

Other than that, we were supposed to get rain last night but we didn't, and it's still very mild and springlike outside. In fact, it's so mild and springlike outside that I'm contemplating going outside to dig up the rest of the garden and weed, perhaps, if it doesn't rain this weekend.

I shouldn't be thinking about weeding and digging up the garden in January!!!

Comments

Popular Posts