Well, I would say a good 3/4ths of the basement has been cleaned. We ended up with a mountain of garbage--six or seven contractor bags, piles of masonite and rotted wood, and other stuff like a pipe, pieces from an oil furnace, and some sort of motor.

By 7pm, all the wood, pressed wood, and masonite pieces were gone. I think the neighbors took them. Which is fine with me, but they sure didn't have to wait until dark to grab what they wanted. Less for the landfill! Thankfully, they didn't try to go through the bags. (I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!)

I mean, when I took the pretty blue shutter out of the neighbor's garbage, it was broad daylight. And it stayed propped against the Shed for the entire summer, so you can't tell me they didn't see it sitting there.

Tonight Mabel and I are sewing. Or, rather, I've been making one last attempt to find the ziploc bag of pattern pieces without any luck. Luckily, I can pretty much draw the pattern from memory. And then I will start to sew. Haha!

I bought a dress at Goodwill last night (well, I bought two. One fit, one didn't.) It was a gorgeous medieval style dress, too, which sucks that it didn't fit. But I've already doubled my money on it--I had a bid within thirty minutes of posting it on ebay. Want to see? It's really pretty.
It's a shame it wouldn't fit. Grrrr.

Now I want to make another witch doll. I might, yet. We'll see.

Oh, and today I had to go back to Goodwill (but I went to the other one) to find a shirt or something to use as fabric for the first Valentine's Day doll, and I found a Very Vintage black velvet gown with rabbit fur around the collar. It's lovely. I'm going to attempt to get Bekah to model for me (it's a tiny, tiny size) so I can post it on ebay.

It would be nice to start seeing more vintage clothing at Goodwill again. I used to be able to find it a lot, but I haven't for the past couple of years. And now, two nice dresses in one weekend!

(I also found an already-shrunken cashmere sweater that will become a bear. It's a nice moss green color.)

Comments

Popular Posts