Well, it seems like I should have posted an update before now, but I've been busy, I guess. I hope everyone had a Happy New Year's Eve last night--we stayed in and watched both X-Men movies (Ethan's request) and basically had a nice, quiet time.

I do have resolutions, but I'm still tweaking the list. So I'll probably post them tomorrow.

The picture is Mabel enjoying her new toy (I know her nails need to be clipped; I'll be doing that tomorrow, so don't worry.) Since she keeps stealing the cat's bear toy, I thought I'd make her one of her own. Obviously, she likes it, although I'm not sure it will last all that long. (It only took 10 minutes to make, so I'm not that worried. I can always make her another one.) You can see her new collar here as well! :)

She really like soft toys, but they just don't last. The denim ones I made when she first came are still around, but she doesn't play with them anymore because they're not "new". She has this thing about "new" toys. (I'm sitting here waiting to hear a seam pop. So far, so good.)

Mom and I went down the road today, where I got some more Christmas clearance stuff, including some ornaments and two nice throws at Target. I also had to buy Hildy's food again, since she was running low.

And on Friday night, I found another sewing machine--this one my backup for my normal machine. It's a Singer 5140, not too old, but in great condition. And it works really well, too. That brings my 'collection' up to six--four that work and two that don't. I really think that's enough for now, especially since my budget billing on my gas bill has gone up $40.

I also found five cashmere sweaters on Friday night. I guess I must have beat the dealers to Goodwill. :)

The poor bear looks very soggy at the moment. I gave it to her about 30 minutes ago, and she hasn't budged. She'll probably carry it downstairs to bed when I take her in a few minutes. (Now she's licking it. I am so not touching it! Eww.)

Anyway, I thought I should post an update before no one reads this blog anymore. I will try to post again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts