First, this was my climbing rosebush last weekend.


Second, the hutch.


On the right side is my tea--it all fits perfectly. On the left side, the small jars of pantry stuff, and some large jars as well (of stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be in the kitchen exposed to sunlight.) I put my collection of old jars on top, plus a handmade basket (not by me) with some dried basil in it.

The drawer will hold the extra tea stuff that is currently in the porcelain topped cabinet. The base is empty at the moment, but it will hold all my canned goods and stuff like that, freeing up one whole cabinet, which will probably be used for extra lids (to pots and casseroles and such) and my metal bakeware that doesn't fit in the other metal bakeware cabinet. (Essentially, the cake pans.) That will free up some space in the laundry room where my pots and pans reside.

And it seriously makes the entry room look so much better! I can't believe how nice it looks. I will continue cleaning in there for the rest of the week, probably. I love how the handle on the top isn't in the middle; that's unusual. And you can see it's missing two panes of glass--Dad and I broke them while carrying the top inside. Luckily, they were newer glass, not the old glass. We are working on replacing them soon. (The panes of glass go across, there are three panes per door--they aren't individual panes.) Don't mind the floor. It needs to be scrubbed.

And in other news, Whippoorwill is over 36k right now. Almost a novel!

Comments

Grey said…
What a gorgeous thing that hutch is. It looks like an old, cheerful friend already.
Jennifer said…
It almost feels like it wanted to be there. :)

Popular Posts