Inspiration!

Finally! Someone who has a day job, writes, gardens, bakes bread and other stuff, takes care of more animals than me, plays the fiddle, lives in a cute little cabin, spins, among other things, and still manages to get things done. And she's single, too. (At least as far as I can tell.)

I'm getting sick and tired of reading blogs where the person in question has 'left it all behind' for homesteading, or the farm, or whatever. Or they are retired. Or they are writers whose spouses work so they can stay home and write. Or, they are not paying their bills and are trying to follow the call to do stuff like this with no safety net whatsoever.

While that's all well and good for them, some of us have to have day jobs and have no other significant income, at least for the moment, and can only do what we can to further our dreams. Sure, eventually I'd like to either work closer to home or work from home, but that's not going to happen with this job, nor is it going to happen anytime soon. I can only do what I can with the time I have. It's been frustrating me lately, because of a certain situation, but I've begun to realize that the person in question's life is not my own. I've made my own choices, and for the most part, I've chosen to stick by them for my own reasons. And so has she. While I might not agree with some of her choices, they are her choices, not mine. (Yes, this is a family member I'm talking about; no, I'm not going into detail.)

The reason why I haven't been weaving lately is because it's garden season, and getting the garden out is always a priority. The reason why I haven't finished cleaning my house is because it's garden season--you get the picture. Now that the gardens are in (except, still, for the sweet potatoes--tomorrow, I promise!) I can work elsewhere and post auctions and get some things crossed off on my list.

And continue on with what I love to do.

Waking up in my own bed with a cat beside me and a day's worth of work to do around the house (including bread--this will be tomorrow) is a precious, precious thing. :)

I'm happy it's Friday.

Comments

Grey said…
Ooo! I like her!
Vicki said…
Me too!
Jennifer said…
I thought you both would. :)

Popular Posts