The squash is mulched and I started on the cucumbers, but it was getting a bit dark so I quit. Tomorrow, I have 50 tomatoes to plant, a bunch of peppers, the rest of my beans (I think I've waited long enough to plant the bush beans, and I have to plant the lima beans too), some basil, sweet potatoes, some seeds (lemon cucumbers and malabar spinach, and I think that's about it. There are already nine tomato plants (surviving) in the ground. I can fit fifteen more out back if I want--or more peppers, depending on how the tomatoes end up in the big garden.

I also have to finish the trellis, because my pole beans are starting to go up the string already.

Tomorrow is obviously GARDEN DAY.

I have yet to decide if I'm going to try tilling. It's almost dry enough. I might just go ahead and try it and see. It would be nice to till it first and then plant the rest of everything.

I also have to pick the mint to dry tomorrow, and I have to mow my grass this weekend. (Maybe Sunday.) We were going to try to make the bunny cage this weekend too, but I also have to help Mom in the garden if it's dry enough, so we'll see about that.

Not much will happen inside this weekend except for baking bread and hopefully cleaning the rest of the entry room (and putting the rest of the pantry stuff in the bottom of the hutch.)

And somewhere in there I have to write, too.

Whew!

Comments

Popular Posts