Picked from the garden today: Two zucchini and one cucumber. The cucumbers have spread across the 'floor' of the entire trellis, and are now climbing up the trellis, through the trellis, etc., etc. They are nutso. My nasturtiums in the big garden are starting to bloom. They are bi-colored as well as neon orange, so far. And I have beets in the big garden, too!

I worked in the back a bit this afternoon and planted most of the rest of the Raintree order. I also got rid of most of the rest of the bug-eaten peppers and eggplant. I still have pepper plants that could be planted, but I'm really not sure where to put them. Maybe where the garlic was? They look too nice to throw away.

I stopped at a local nursery today because it was the last day they were open, and everything was 75% off. I almost brought home two azaleas, but I really don't want to put azaleas out front, so I ended up not buying them. I bought snapdragons, chives, and gebera daisies instead. I'll plant the snapdragons somewhere, the chives can go pretty much anywhere, and the gebera daisies will go into pots.

I have about half a quart of black currants now, and not many more left to pick. That's the most I've gotten so far, obviously; they still taste terrible if you don't eat them dead ripe. And when I say DEAD ripe, I mean it. They have to be so soft they'll practically burst on your fingers before they taste like currants and not cat pee.

(I am hoping the white currants taste better.)

Comments

Popular Posts