The yogurt's in the fridge and the sourdough starter has taken off. So much for my fear that both wouldn't work. The yogurt smells really yummy and the sourdough starter does too. I may actually make sourdough bread this weekend, then!

The yogurt is supposed to refrigerate for 6 hours before using, so I will leave it in the fridge during the day, then make a larger batch overnight (and eat the remainder.) Yay for yogurt*!




*I don't usually eat a lot of yogurt. But last week, I went to Kroger and they had Stoneyfield Farm organic yogurt (vanilla flavored) for 59 cents each since they were close to expiring. I bought enough to last the week, and boy, was it yummy with in-season blueberries. That got me to thinking about my impending blackberries (and also the plethora of cucumbers) and I decided I might as well try to make it again. I took it as a good sign when I went to Kroger to buy organic milk for my yogurt experiment and found it for $1.00/gallon because it was 'expiring**' that day. Score!

**Organic milk really does last forever. I had a half gallon that was still quite tasty three weeks past the expiration date. This is a good thing for me since I don't drink a lot of milk.

Comments

Grey said…
It's such a great feeling to have fresh sourdough and yogurt working, I think. It feels so... productive.
Jennifer said…
Yes. Productive is a great word for how I feel about what's on my countertop right now. :)

Popular Posts