Last night, Bekah, Em, and I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, so I didn't get home until late. I picked blackberries* this morning, though, and will be going out in the garden sometime today to pick whatever's ripe out there (I have no doubt there will be more cucumbers and beans), but it's been raining on and off all day so far and I'm waiting to see if it has finally stopped.

I have three loaves** of sourdough french bread rising on my baking table, and another round of the same dough for a pizza for supper there too. We'll see how it turns out. This is a very simple bread--flour, salt, starter and water--and it's rising quite nicely. I'm hoping this will make a good pizza dough as well. We'll see.

Edit, later: well, the bread's in the oven, and so is the pizza. So far so good!




*And I now have two and a third quarts in my freezer and I didn't get them all picked. Maybe I will end up with five quarts. That would be nice!

**not baguettes, but larger, in the french bread pan (like this one, but with three) I got from Goodwill a while back.

Comments

Popular Posts