I didn't pick that many blackberries yesterday because the rain kept them from ripening. And this morning, I glanced outside to see fog--I can barely see my backyard neighbor's house and everything is soft and fuzzy (kind of like everything looks when I don't wear my glasses, minus the white mist, of course.)

Last night I did my video for the Cold Antler Farm Fiddler's Summer Challenge--it's not due until Friday, but I have to upload via my netbook, since on dial-up, it would take about three hours (probably) to upload. I will say that having an alternate means of uploading is useful at times. So I might upload it today if I get over to Panera.

I am not very good, but I'm not terrible, either, for someone who has been playing for a little over a month.

This Saturday is Ethan's birthday and birthday party--he will be seven! Quite old. He requested a LEGO birthday party. I am making the cake. It will look like giant LEGO pieces. (I am sure there should be a TM or an R there or whatever, but oh well. You get the idea.) Anyway, this should be a fun and interesting cake to make. I'm baking the actual cake Friday evening, and decorating it on Saturday morning. I think he will like it.

(Jess, Em, and I are going in together and getting him a $100 gift card to the LEGO store, too, which will make him even happier, I'm sure. It's hard to buy LEGOs for a kid who has so many that you have no clue what he has and doesn't have, etc., so we thought he could buy his own.)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I'd love to see that cake!
Anonymous said…
That's a colorful idea for a party and I'm sure he'll love that gift card! Can we get a photo of the cake?

I'm quite excited about seeing the Cold Antler videos, even though I can't provide one of myself.
Jennifer said…
I'll definitely post a photo or two! :)

I'm looking forward to the videos too! I'm sorry you can do one, though; I wanted to hear you play.
Anonymous said…
Love the lego cake. Lucky little boy!

I've really enjoyed all the videos and sorry I couldn't post one. I have had so much fun, though, and I'm very proud of my learning, though I have a long way to go. I can play up through In the Pines in the book, only skipping one song I hate and one that was just too picky for me right now. Sometimes I sound as good as belfountain on Sail Away Ladies....and sometimes not. Fatigue is definitely a factor, I think. Saturday and Sunday afternoons are my best times.

Your mountain fiddle is beautiful. Are you pleased with the sound of it, compared to other fiddles?
Jennifer said…
I have a long way to go too! I agree--belfountain sounded wonderful!

It has a tenor tone compared to my other fiddles. I actually recorded sound clips of all three of them, and the differences in tone is astounding (or at least I think so!)

Popular Posts