I am officially up to a quart of blackberries, thanks to tonight's picking, which was a bit less than a pint. Looking at what is left, I probably have only picked 1/5th of what is there. I'm not going to say I'll definitely get 5 quarts, but we'll see. One of the blackberries I picked was longer than the first joint of my thumb. It doesn't take many of those to make up an entire quart.

This week's fiddle tune is How Great Thou Art. It has lots of flats and sharps (well, some, at least) so it's a bit trickier than Amazing Grace or Simple Gifts. But I managed to figure out the tune quite well, and I'm going to work on it this week. I may try to remember a tune that's a bit faster so I don't get too used to slowness, although the slow tunes are helping me figure out fingerings and bowing fairly well. I'm definitely not as squeaky as I used to be.

I also started figuring out the tune to If I was a Blackbird. That one goes all over, so it will take a bit longer.

It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so we'll see if I get out into the garden tomorrow or not.

Comments

Popular Posts