Today is cleaning day--right now I am almost ready to sweep in the living room, hallway, the steps (I've gotten enough complaints), and the loom room. Then, on to the entry room, kitchen and laundry room. If I have time, I'll work in the music room too.

I'm also doing the normal stuff, like laundry, or I will be once I put a load in the washer. I'd like to wash and hang out the kitchen rugs and stuff like that, too. We'll see if I get that far.

I might have sold the Country Craftsman Spinning Wheel--we're working out when to meet up, which means I'm probably going to (finally) get to make a trip to Berea, KY--and I'm thinking I might take the other spinning wheel to Burlington next month, especially if we take two cars. I have a spindle now, and I think I'm much more likely to learn how to spin on a spindle first. I'll probably keep the little spinning wheel, just because I like it and it's not in the way like the big ones are.

That doesn't mean I won't ever buy another spinning wheel--I actually have another one at Mom and Dad's house, but it's a walking wheel and needs one piece and a little repair before it's usable. I really don't have room for that one, either. It's surprising how quickly it's possible to fill up a house, although I really can't say much--the big loom does take up a lot of room. I can't imagine where I intended to put another floor loom when I was looking last year.

My other goal for today is to finish warping my Emilia, because the warp that's on there is supposed to be a bag and I really want to see how it turns out. So I should get started on that. My goal was to make some for the craft shows, but if I don't get cracking with the very first one, I'm not going to have any at all.

Probably not much (if any) baking today, but that's ok. Still haven't tuned Ebay fiddle #2, either; I don't have enough hand strength to move the pegs to tune it properly, because they are (in truth) closer together than on my other fiddles. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Comments

Popular Posts