I'm very tired.

Of course, I was on my feet all day yesterday (pretty much) in my slippers, which doesn't help. But standing on a concrete floor all morning plus at church this afternoon doesn't help either. Whew!

I did not buy any furniture! Yay!! Well, unless you count the folding table, which is a cheap-o folding table for use at craft shows, Burlington, yard sales, etc. that fits in my car. So. I'm not counting that. (It was $7, too, and practically brand new!)

I spent $38 at the auction. I bought one #9 cast iron skillet (unmarked, but with a nice gatemark on the bottom, so it's probably old), four boxes of kitchenware stuff that I consolidated into two boxes (total there was $29; that was the most of what I bought. It contains... bunches of aluminum bowls in various sizes, lots of cake pans, some old, bundt pans, an angel food cake pan that evidently you can't use unless you work for the bakery it came from (I'm going to look it up), and just a bunch of other items like that. Some I will sell. The small soup pot and larger stock pot (both without lids, but I have lots of lids so that's not a problem at all) I'll definitely keep. The only other thing I ended up with was a pot rack--a free-standing one, like this, but mine is wrought iron and old, possible handmade--for $3. I have always wanted one of these, but they usually go for a lot more (the last auction I saw one at, it went for $100.)

There was a lot of cool stuff at the auction, but most of it went for too much or else I just didn't want to lug it home. Thankfully, everything I bought came home with me; no one accidentally took a box this time. And the jewelry lady was there, so I didn't get any jewelry to resell. Oh well.

At the silent auction at church, I spend a bit more money. I bought a larger Eton radio than the one I already have, still in the box, for $20 (this will go upstairs in my crafting room, because I have always wanted a radio up there and have to rely on my clock radio in my bedroom, which works, but isn't the best in the world), an Alladin oil lamp for $28 (I have no oil lamps, and I've been looking for one for emergency lighting, so now I have one, and it's practically brand new), an owl candleholder from the 60s-70s for $2, the aforementioned folding table for $7, an oval mirror with a gold frame for $2, a graniteware canner with rack (unused) for $2, two huge stainless steel bowls for $12 (much needed for garden produce), and I think that's it. I didn't win the set of four stainless steel mixing bowls; I decided I wanted the big ones more.

And now, I get to wait for my auctions to end and post some more (I have a pile of stuff behind me here to post, and I might actually manage to get to it all. I've decided that Wednesdays will end up becoming relisting days for anything leftover from Sundays, which should work out better, I think.

But I am tired. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts