A little dinky metal door overhang thingy (it's not a porch; it just hangs over the back door) was not meant to hold the weight of about three inches of ice and about nine inches of snow.

I think I might have to replace it this spring; I tried to get most of the ice off, but I can't reach the tallest part. And it is sagging, rather badly.

Those were huge icicles, though! Of course, we won't talk about how I figured out there was ice on the door thingy or why I'm going to have to figure out how to dry a non-washable rug. Hmm.

Now, lunch, and then shoveling the driveway, which is marginally easier. (Hahaha!) Or maybe I should shovel first, then eat lunch?


EDIT @ 1:30pm: I shoveled first. The driveway is done. I am going to eat lunch, I already took an ibuprofen, I already found my wrist brace for when my left or right hand decides to go numb (this is normal; I'm not worried; just overuse) and I'm going to try my darndest not to go outside until I feel better. Urgh.

Comments

Popular Posts