I'm finding that some very interesting things have either gone missing, or never made it here from Bethel.

So far, my missing list includes:

1. My collection of Ginny dolls from when I was a lot younger. These are saved for posterity and sentimental value more than anything--and they'd better be in Bethel. Do you hear that Mom and Dad? Don't you dare throw them out!!

2. My collection of cool old metal buttons--I'm not sure what you call them, but they have scenes and faces, and stuff like that on them. Art Nouveau buttons? They're pretty cool. A long time ago, I put them in a "safe spot" and never saw them again. I'm still hoping they turn up.

3. Various and sundry pieces of jewelry that are probably in Bethel.

4. A couple of notebooks full of stories--I'm pretty sure these are in Bethel too.

I should be able to find out next week if I'm right or not, at least about the Ginny dolls and the notebooks. I'm not sure what happened to the buttons, and the jewelry. Hopefully they'll turn up.

------------------------------

Well, today was interesting. I got a lot done, although you can't really tell. *g* The GO THROUGH pile is huge, and it kind of covers up most of the stuff I've already done. But oh well, it won't be there for long.

I'm putting the containers back in the way they should have gone into the "closet" (I made a sort of storage space using bookshelves for the "wall", to store the stuff we weren't going to be getting into for a while. I'm sticking the fabric there as well, since it's right by the craft space. All I have to do is get out of my chair and turn around. It's nice and handy.

But the last time I "organized" the basement, I just stuck the containers back there without a thought to which one would be accessed when, or what was inside them. Now, I'm going through each and every one of them. It should be interesting.

Oh, and the SELL pile is huge too. I'm guessing close to 300-350 auctions all together. Can I post that many auctions in a week? Yeesh. I have my doubts, but I bet I can make a good dent.

And anyway, the real trick will be to have all the pictures and descriptions uploaded. I bet I can do that in a week.

(who am I kidding?!?)

Anyway. :) That's the idea. We will see if I succeed.

This will probably be my last post tonight, I'd think. After I write a bit, I'm going to head to bed.

See you tomorrow, for more Adventures in the Basement...

Comments

Popular Posts