Temptation.

I'm not at all certain what Cullen's answer will be. I know what Z. asks him to do. I just don't know what he will reply. Yes? No? Maybe? (I don't think she's going to let him think about it, but she might...)

If you were dying and somone you hated--the Queen you once served and later renounced--told you she could heal you for one small price... would you take her up on it, knowing you wouldn't be able to refuse her once the time came to deliver on your promise?

Cullen's never been loyal to the other side. He'd like to say that he's independant, but he can't quite extricate himself from his past. And he can't quite bring himself to trust his sister Sennet and the healer Ain, either. He can't quite bring himself to trust anyone, save for Susan, and that's only a maybe. Ellery, on the other hand, he would trust with his life, even though he thinks she betrayed him once already.

Hmm. Decisions, decisions. I'm really not sure which way he will choose. If he refuses her offer, Z.'s going to be furious. If he agrees, she'll heal him, but she'll twist the healing somehow, so he will never be free from some kind of pain. Kind of like the Little Mermaid walking on knives. :)

Perhaps I'll sleep on this; I have to go fold some laundry yet tonight. I might get an idea later on.

Oh, for the record, AbNo2 is currently at 25452 words.

Maybe more later...

Comments

Popular Posts