Wrote out an hourly schedule for this weekend. Depending on how tonight's hourly schedule goes, I might post it here. :) Yes, I'm chicken. But we will see how I do tonight first.

AbNo2 is really getting interesting now. I merged this morning, and now have two Susan chapters left to edit and fix, and probably one and a half new ones to write (Cullen's.) I really feel sorry for Cullen. Excerpt? How about a paragraph or two, just so you know I haven't been neglecting this blog all day long...

She caught a glimpse of the horses through the trees before the forest swallowed them up, and then she was alone again, lost and definitely far from home.

Susan slowly walked back to where she had left the harp. She picked it up, wiped the worst of the mud from the wood, and stared down at the carvings, willing them to tell her what had just happened.

Instead, another string broke, zinging upward with a strangled chime. It grazed her cheek and bobbed for a moment before joining the others tangled at the top.

"Well, if you did have something to do with it, my thanks," Susan said, rubbing the welt the string had left behind. "Let's see if we can find a place that might know how to fix you. They went..." She stared up at the sun and tried to remember how to tell time. Did it even matter in Faerie?

"Rip Van Winkle. I should have asked Ellery about Rip Van Winkle." She did not want to return to discover that forty years had passed. Or even forty days. She sighed and glanced down at the instrument in her arms.

"I don't suppose you know which way to go?"

Another string snapped. And since it pointed what she thought was east, Susan decided to go that way. The alternative was to follow the two elves on horseback, and that wasn't really an alternative at all.


I thought Susan deserved an excerpt, since Cullen got the last one... *g*

More later, I'm positive...

Comments

Popular Posts