Dialogue from last night:

"I only needed your support," I said.

"I can't support someone who insists on living a pipe dream."

"It's not a pipe dream."

"That's grounds for divorce right there."

"But what did you expect? Did you expect me to drop it? To abandon my dreams and my goals when I married you? You didn't abandon yours!"

shrug.

"I only needed your support."

"Hey, I figure if it happens, that's great."

"But you have to work to make it happen. And that's not support."

"What did you expect me to do? Come home and clean the house for you? Cook every night? Do the dishes and the laundry while you're upstairs in front of your computer?"

"No. I expected you to help. Together. You know. Together? I expected you to try to make things work. I expected you to treat me like a wife instead of a wart. I expected your support. And I don't think I expected too much."

"I expected a clean house and a wife who wanted to be with me."

"I would want to be with you if you weren't always pissed at me, Chris."

shrug.

Comments

Popular Posts