A Small Crisis of Faith

I've only done this before once.

Once!

In February, I queried ROC about HD, and they requested the first three chapters and a synopsis. I wasn't happy with the book at the time; I knew something had to be done, but I had no idea what. I got a very nice rejection letter; in fact the tone of that letter made me query them again after I rewrote the whole book. (Haven't heard back from them yet, though.)

HD is printed out. The cover letter is printed out and is just about to be signed. (Okay, a short pause there while I sign it...)

Tonight... tonight it goes to DAW.

I'm not going to get my hopes up; they've been crushed before. But I'm honestly happy with this book. I'm honestly happy with it. I really think it has a chance. I really do.

And this is the second time I've ever submitted anything to a "traditional" publisher.

And I'm... I'm scared to death. :)

The things that are running through my mind right now are almost normal for me. "What if they don't like it? What if it's not good enough?"

I know it's good. I believe it's good.

But is it good enough?

I won't ever know unless I mail it this evening.

I'll load up my stuff, drive to the PO, and pay an exorbitant amount of money to send it flying off to New York.

All my hopes and dreams in one (rather heavy) envelope.

Once upon a time, on a whim, I applied for a job as an Office Assistant at a place nine miles away from my home.

I was good enough that time. I got that job. I even got a great and wonderful raise a year later.

But will I be good enough this time?

If I don't send it, I'll never know.

*crossing fingers*

Comments

Popular Posts