And the new EbookReader Review is up! Squeaked in, even! Good work, Vicki. :)

So. This post is going to be about sleeping habits. In the past, I used to stay up until all hours of the night, writing, whatever, and then get by on six or so hours of sleep and be just fine the next morning. My caveat will be that I didn't start work earlier, didn't work 10 hours days, and had a totally different job from this one, but...

I can't seem to stay up late anymore. At least not when I'm writing; if I don't have to get up the next morning I'm tending to get up early anyway and write in bed. Which is okay; I got almost 1k done this morning alone, but it's a total reversal from what used to be my norm.

I went to bed at 9:30pm last night. After waking up twice during the night (Okay, once was at 10pm when the phone rang and once at midnight when the storm (thanks, Vicki!) came through) I slept until 7:30am. That's like 10 hours of sleep. Probably more like 9, but still.

Is it the 10-hour days? I think that's part of it; working 10 hours is a lot, for anyone. I think the other part of it is getting up so early throughout the week; I can't sleep in anymore to save my life. Which is ok too. :)

But I kind of miss being a nightowl. And I wonder... if I did get a different job, would my sleeping patterns change? Perhaps...

Comments

Popular Posts