Ungh.

Well, after doing more apples this morning/afternoon (and apple mint jelly too! Yum!!) I decided to go upstairs and attempt another Dana bag.

It took me an hour to get my sewing machine to sew right. The thread kept popping off the needle. Talk about ARGH! I even broke out Lydia (my 1919 sewing machine, yes, has a name.) but she was doing the same thing. ARGH.

So I finally got my usual sewing machine to work, only to discover that I didn't measure the fabric right, so instead of a Dana bag, I now have a pillow. Oh well. It looks nice, though.

I can already tell it's going to be hard to get motivated for the craft show. Not that I don't want to do it--I do, but with all my supplies in two different places, it's going to be irritating. I can see it now: Damn it! My velvet's in Storage! But I will survive, even if I do use up more gas traveling to and fro.

Let's see. After we eat supper, I'm going to write a bit; I'm in the beginning of a new chapter and I want to finish it tonight.

The rummage sale up church was today. I picked up three shirts to use for fabric, one shirt for Mom, two for me to wear, another long sweater/coat thingy, and a water damaged print of a forest scene that I rather liked. I only spent $5, so that wasn't too bad. But they didn't have much there, really.

I'm thinking about making a fairy jester doll. One of the shirts I bought today has perfect fabric for a doll like that. But we'll see.

Sewing. I need to be motivated to sew...

Comments

Popular Posts