Well, I got dressed, drove to the church, and discovered that half the parking lot had been roped off for construction vehicles and the other half was full. I circled three times in hopes of a parking spot, but ended up driving back home. Although I did see the bride on my way through the third time, and she looked lovely.

I stopped at a yard sale on the way home (of course) and discovered they were packing things up to take to Goodwill. The guy told me that if I saw anything I wanted, I could have it, and how could I resist? I came away with a Royal typewriter from the 40s and a Presto Pressure Cooker Canner in yellow.

Yes, another typewriter. I've lost count as to how many I actually have. I tend to think of them as orphans, though, which is a really bad thing. I mean... sheesh. No one buys them, and yet they're perfectly good machines! Although I can't say I've ever gotten one for free before. $2, yes, but not free.

The Pressure Canner looks good. It's missing the little weight on top, but that's not a big deal. The only problem is that I can't read the model number on the bottom, so I emailed the Presto people to see if they could help. Hopefully they will respond, and then I will buy the part and go to town. I don't know what I will can yet... something good, like jelly. We have to try it out to see if it works, after all... :)

But not bad for free, huh?

Anyway.

I found a great place to sit and write outside in the side yard by the chestnut trees and the bamboo. So it is designated my spot, and I left my chair out there for tomorrow. It's so nice outside. :)

Comments

Popular Posts