I think I fixed it. I'm not sure what happened, but it was very irritating and took me the better part of an hour to figure out. Argh.

My dad's been listening to this which is evidently a live microphone on a South Carolina beach (there's a video too, but it's dark at the moment, so you can't see much.) He's been tracking the hurricane for a week now, I guess, waiting for it to land.

Of course, since this is live, I immediately thought of a great story idea. What if you were sitting there just listening to the waves made by the hurricane and you heard someone yell "Help! Oh my God, Help!" What would you do?

My sister was just in Virginia Beach, and Dad found a picture on the internet that showed people hauling away newspaper stands and such, because the hurricane is headed right there. Yikes! Hopefully it won't do too much damage, but with one that big...


In other news, I found another great feature of AlphaWord (other than cutting and pasting between files, oh geez, how nice that is!) At the moment I have three files open, BiS, BiS Cut, and BiS Thoughts. There will be a fourth. Since I have so many POV characters, I decided today to write down who gets what chapter, so I don't get confused. I'm going to keep that in file #4, so I can go back and forth and not have to try to remember to keep track of the piece of paper it's currently on. Also, I'm going to write a one-sentence synopsis of each chapter, so I can keep them straight as well.

Whee!

Comments

Popular Posts