I started a shawl. It's a rather lacy stitch, and very pretty in purple mohair that is shot with pinks and reds and greens if you look hard enough. Figuring out how to yarn over was the hardest part. Now that I know what I'm doing, it's easy.

The stitch creates a hole in the fabric, and the end result will look quite nice. I got the pattern from a book at the library. I can see this stitch being used as a blanket, even, in a different yarn. Perhaps I will try it with the Lion Brand Alpaka. Hmm.

Oh, and I have no idea where I will wear the shawl... if worse comes to worse, I will make two and have mohair curtains. Or hang them as a door across my doorway. (My bedroom is doorless.)

SCR is going well. Sarah's currently having a conversation with Jordan, and realizing why the Council doesn't want to have anything to do with a telepath.

And Hildy's fine. She ate four lima beans last night, so there's another vegetable to add to the very short list of ones she will eat.

Comments

Popular Posts