I think I caught the bug that's been going around the family, although I feel better now. Not better, better, just better than I felt this morning. So I stayed home from work today. Luckily, the meeting I had scheduled for today was cancelled. Whew!

Hey! I feel like I'm reporting on my kid or something when I write stuff about Hildy. :)

But it's true... hedgehogs are litter-trainable! She is using the "litterbox"!! That makes clean-up a breeze. And all I had to do was put some poo in the box, and she used it! Wow. Second day in a row, so I think we're okay now.

Hildy turned her nose up at bananas, apples, and broccoli. However, she scarfed down a piece of chicken last night, and five zipper peas. (This is a good thing, 'cause I was beginning to worry about feeding her veggies if she wouldn't eat them. So I can chalk one up for the zipper peas...)

She also has this habit when she's 'tubing'. Her sleeping box is a one gallon rubbermaid container with a hole cut into one side. She will maneuver around with the tube on her head until she gets inside the box, and then spend the next 30 minutes trying to knock the box over. Ok. It keeps her busy, I guess. But the box isn't very big in the first place, and if you add on a tube plus the hedgehog, there's really not a lot of room to move around. I guess it's a game of strategy or something. Whatever makes her happy... :)

And she is still not used to me yet, but we're working on it. My hands are getting quite used to prickles.

Did not make it to 35k this weekend, due to the hats. But that's ok. I'm not on a deadline for this book, after all.

Comments

Popular Posts