I think because I'm knitting now (well, this actually started in the fall when I started crocheting all those hats and scarves) I'm paying attention to fabric more. And designs on sweaters, etc., because now I know how difficult they could be to make. :)

Went to Goodwill. So much for the "no sweaters" policy, because that's *all* I bought. *sigh* But then again, I have been kind of moving in a different direction with sweater styles, and I could get rid of five or so sweaters I really don't wear any longer to make room for the new ones.

I'm fond now of straight hems and v-necks. And that's pretty much what I got today. Best buy: a pale green Ann Taylor cashmere sweater. (See, I told you I would look for cashmere!) Second best buy: A button-down periwinkle blue cashmere sweater. (haha!)

I will admit that I take a certain perverse pleasure in buying cashmere at Goodwill. Not that you couldn't tell. :)

But in all seriousness... the Ann Taylor sweater had an almost invisible stain on the front. I washed it, and the stain is gone. No pinholes, no nothing. Voila! I now have a second-favorite sweater. (And yes, you can wash cashmere. Delicate cycle, cold water. But don't put it in the dryer unless you want a baby sweater.)

I picked up two other button-down sweaters in very difficult knitting (intarsia?) patterns. They really look nice, though, and I needed a color break from black and gray. (which is what I usually wear.) I also picked up a third cashmere sweater, but this one's for unraveling. It's bright red and very 80s. But at least after I unravel it, I'll have some nice yarn to play with.

Let's see. I got a couple other ones, two from Old Navy and one from England, and one from Target. I should be set for sweaters now (at least until I visit Goodwill again.)

I mean, who can pass up cashmere for $3.50?

And I got my $10 gift certificate, and filled up another card halfway. Whee. :)

Comments

Popular Posts