Okay. Today I designed and made yet another hat, and this time... well... I have to take a picture. :)

It was intended to be a cat's head, but it looks more like a koala bear, or maybe one of those Japanese-style animals. Honestly, it looks like something my sister Emily would wear. It's cute. The face ended up being a bit too fat for a cat head.

I'm designing these things on graph paper, and I think that's part of the problem. Knitting stitches aren't square, after all; they're more rectangular. Now I know I saw knitter's graph paper as a download somewhere, but it might take me a bit to find again. We'll see.

But what fun!

I also finished Ethan's hat... which spells his name. You can read it once you figure out where the 'E' is, but I had the same problem I had with the 'J' before. Not all of the bumps ended up on the correct side. It's really weird. I'm going to take and post a picture of it as well, and try to get a good picture so his name can be read. It might take me a bit to figure out how to do that, though.

I'm calling it textural knitting. Although I'm sure what I'm doing has a proper name, that sounds better to me.

Comments

Popular Posts