Scarecrows is going well. I think last night I stopped at 13k+, but I don't remember the exact number. Considering it was 7k when I stopped to write CtS, this isn't bad. I've almost doubled it in less than a week.

I'm only halfway sure of where this one is going. I know some of one subplot, and some of another, but nothing about what happened at Darkbrook (that's where Lucas is at the moment) so I have to figure that out. Whatever happened, I have a feeling it will tie in with the next Jacob Lane book, The Eighth Room. Which is on my list for this spring, I hope.

Keeping timelines straight is definitely going to get interesting as the series expand.

I haven't knitted all week. I'm not missing it at the moment; I ordered the interchangeable knitting needles from Denise yesterday, so my excuse can be that I'm waiting until they arrive. But in truth, I've wanted to write more than knit this week (and read... I did read three books since the weekend) and the Hunt has even colored my dreams. :)

Speaking of dreams... I had a doozy last night. It was a nightmare! Partly Sunshine's fault, because I remember thinking about it right before I dropped off.

It had something to do with aliens that were invading, and wards, and the scary part was this monster who would attempt to root the humans out from their houses and the only defense was to play dead as it trailed its slimy fingers over your body and murmured in your ear about what it planned to do to you.

The only defense was to play dead and lay as still as possible and not respond to its voice at all. I went from asleep to awake in an instant, like a switch had been thrown, and found myself lying petrified (not the scared kind of petrified) under my blankets. It was weird.

So anyway. I'd better get to work. :)

Comments

Popular Posts