Fabric Storage Idea:


So I've been researching and trying to figure out a decent way to store all my fabric. I came up with a couple of ideas that didn't end up working, because I just don't like to see fabric piled together, in boxes, or in baskets, even. It just doesn't work.

Today, I went online and found some interesting ideas. I nixed the cardboard tube idea, because I see them falling over if nudged, and I don't want them unrolling all over the floor. And then I thought--wait a second. I have about 200 odd pieces of matting for pictures. Dad picked them up at a framing place that was going out of business a while ago. I kept them, because some are colored and who knows? I might find a use for them eventually.

Well, as an experiment, I wrapped a length of vintage embroidered fabric around one of the pieces. Not only does it display well, it also looks nice. And will be easy to see so I don't keep forgetting what I have.

I need to find some plastic paper clips or something to secure it, but otherwise it's on there quite nicely. Once I get some on the shelves, I'll take another picture so you can see how it will look once I'm finished.

Obviously the very small scraps I have will continue to be kept in containers, because this idea won't work for everything. But I think it will help quite a bit.

I think I have enough matting for everything. :)

Comments

Popular Posts