Well, it rained, so no pics of the garden (I might as well stop calling it a flowerbed) tonight.

I picked up a cookbook from Tuesday Morning this afternoon just because it had a recipe for Lemon Balm cookies in it. And since it was nice outside, and not too hot inside, I decided to go ahead and make them.

Well... the cookie tastes good, and they're addicting. However, I can't taste the lemon balm at all, the mixture was too dry (I added milk), and it definitely didn't have to be refrigerated.

I think I will try again with chopped dried lemongrass and lemon balm. And maybe some candy mint as well. Because I really would like to find a good recipe to use some of my lemon balm in, and I was a bit disappointed. (Although they do taste good.)

The cookbook also has lots of zucchini recipes, and since I have 5 zucchinis to use up, I think I will experiment. (Chocolate zucchini cake, anyone? Carrot zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting, anyone?)

Oh, and Mischa is in solitary confinement again. This morning marked the third morning in a row that he peed on the floor. Luckily it was in Mabel's room, so quite an easy clean-up, but still. I will not tolerate that. (Solitary confinement isn't my bedroom this time. It's the second bathroom. He isn't happy, but tough. And I was late to work this morning thanks to him.)

I really do think he has siamese in his background. He is so neurotic. I have to assume that this stems from the kitten's arrival. After all, if you remember, he didn't start peeing on the floor before right away either. ARGH.

I wasn't very nice this morning. But I did apologize and explain what he had to do to get back into my good graces.

In all honesty, I thought getting an older cat from a shelter would be better than a kitten. After all, kittens need to be fixed when that time comes, and older cats don't. I'm not sure I would get an older cat from a shelter again, especially one who has been at the shelter all his life. I really think that made his neurosis even worse, poor kid.

And Miss Mist has tried to jump up in my lap three times now while I was wearing shorts. Unfortunately, she digs into my leg instead of fabric, and now I have kitten scratches. In the same spot for all three times. I guess I should be happy that she has good aim, but ouch!

Otherwise, the rewrite of HD is going quite swimmingly. Although, of course I will have to rewrite F&W now as well, you realize. Perhaps 2005 will be my rewrite year. (Heck, the way I'm going I'm not even going to write the next Jacob Lane book until winter, and I should have written it already!)

Anyway, an update. FWIW.

Comments

Popular Posts