Yesterday evening, until 9pm, I worked outside, weeding the portion of the flowerbed that had already been cleared, planting two tomatoes, three basil plants, and three hardy hibiscus plants, and enjoying the feel of easily worked up dirt.

This morning, I'm going to put socks on for the first time in months, and I'm going to attempt to clear the rest of the flowerbed. Not sure I'll make it, but I'll take a picture if I do.

I've posted three out of four of Em's sewing machines on Freecycle. Of course there are lots of responses, and it's hard to pick just one. I wish I had sewing machines for everyone! (It does make me feel kind of guilty that I have three of my own. Okay, one isn't in working order (the treadle), but the other two are, and although I'm not planning to get rid of either, I might start looking for cheap ones at yard sales and Goodwill. At least that way I know they'd be used.

(Oh no. It's like typewriter syndrome all over again, only with sewing machines! Yikes. Why do I pick heavy things to feel sorry about?)

My dream is to find a Singer Featherweight at Goodwill or a yard sale for $20. Hahaha.

I did also get through one box from Em last night, containing a lot of polymer clay, LaDoll clay, and paint and glitter. It's all useable stuff, which means I won't have to buy any forever. No, seriously. Forever. Because I have more boxes downstairs to go through.

Also today, if I don't kill myself trying to finish the flowerbed, I plan on working on my fabric and going through some boxes in my office. We'll see. At the moment, I'm glad it's only 9am.

Comments

Popular Posts