Tonight, after getting home from Mom and Dad's (dinner! Yum!) I decided to take advantage of the cooler weather and plant the rest of the one section of garden/flowerbed and mulch it with my shiny new straw. (The straw is so pale yellow it practically glows in the dark!)

I got home at 8:45. By 9:30, I was done. One section of the flowerbed/garden (let me put it this way: it's getting late in the season for wildflower mixes, and I now have zucchini, cucumbers, bird's nest gourds, and tomatoes, not to mention more apple mint and a heliotrope and St. John's Wort planted. And mulched.

I'm going to mulch the lemon balm and the other hardy hibiscus too, but it was getting a bit dark so I came in.

I will take pics tomorrow, I think, of the flowerbed/garden. And common thought suggests that my irises aren't going to bloom, and that I need to dig them up and separate them because there are too many growing in the beds. Which makes sense, but will be a pain to actually achieve. Luckily, I don't have to dig them up until fall.

Tomorrow morning I'm running down the road to Big Lots to get more plastic baskets for my yarn, and to Target for Mom. Otherwise, I'll be here, working away!

Comments

Popular Posts