The Introduction of Mist (hmm. sounds like a book title!)

Mist (Mistalia, Misty, Fuzz Muffin, Fuzzy Muffin, The Babe) was adopted into our family on Tuesday July 5th, 2005.

She was found under a coworker's front porch after either being dropped off or left behind when her mother took her out hunting.

She is a silly baby. Her current favorite thing to do is run madly from one side of my 'wing' to the other, over my bed (with claws extended) and jump on everything that's moving--at 2:30am.

She loves the cat toy I bought for the others, so it's now upstairs in my office where it can get played with.

Her other current favorite thing to do is to sit on the windowsills and watch the birds--a favorite pasttime of almost everyone who lives here (of the four-footed persuation. Yes, even Mabel.)

Speaking of Mabel, well, she's not sure what to do about the new arrival. But Mist most definitely doesn't like Mabel. I don't really blame her, after all. Mist's head is smaller than Mabel's paw!

At the moment, she has largely stopped hissing at Chloe and Mischa. None of the cats had fits when she arrived, but they were very interested in the new arrival. Only Zoey hissed, but that was expected.

Mist, on the other hand, has taken to chasing the larger cats around. And she did hiss and growl at them the first couple of days. I think she was a bit intimidated by their size, but she wasn't about to be submissive even if the other cat outweighed her by seven pounds! (She weighed in at the vet's at a little over a pound, healthy except for earmites.)

She has been sleeping with me since the second night (the first night was spent in the corner of my office--her choice--but then she discovered my bed.) That has taken a little bit to get used to, because I'm used to a solid weight of a cat, not a little fluff ball that I can't really feel (except for her claws) when she climbs into bed with me.

At the moment, she's nosing around the keyboard. She hasn't quite learned the word 'no' yet, or her name. But she's working on it.

Even though I didn't intend to end up with five cats, I think Mist will be a nice addition to the family. She's a sweetheart, and deserves a chance at cat paradise. :)


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts