This morning I went to an auction with Dad. We didn't stay long, because it was too hot and there wasn't really enough to stay for, but I did manage to get a stool for under my desk (finally!), a crock bowl, a very nice thread spool holder (from a store) with a bunch of old spools of thread, and two of the candy tins I've been collecting.

Then Dad dropped me off, and I realized I had left my cell phone in his van. So I called it, and he came back to drop it off. When he got here, he told me that he'd stopped at a yard sale and picked up a wheelbarrow for me, as well as four closeline poles. The cast iron inserts at the tops of the closeline poles are dated 1922. All for $5!

So now I don't have to use Ethan's little red wagon as my garden cart anymore. :) And we aren't using long sticks to hold up the closelines, either.

This afternoon I'm going to work in my office a bit. I need to rearrange things to fit my new spool holder, and start going through some more stuff. At least it's still rather nice up here. Hot, yes, but not unbearable. (And the air is on downstairs.)

Comments

Popular Posts