The church rummage sale is Saturday, and I told Mom I would help sort and price things, and that's where I was this evening. There's a sewing machine there--a Vigorelli--that I don't need at all, but we'll see. It's a good brand, evidently, despite the fact that I can't seem to find much information about them online. The lady who owned it purchased it in December of 1953.

And that's where I will be for the next two evenings. And most of Saturday, probably, unless I go to the Grant Days celebration for a bit. After that, I have a long list of things to do, including that custom doll, which isn't finished and probably won't be finished until Monday. But that's okay, really; I said by the end of the weekend and so it will be.

I am doing a cat litter experiment at my house, since the cracked corn really didn't work all that well. Right now, I'm testing World's Best Cat Litter and Odor Lockers cat litter. These two will be vs. Tidy Cats Small Spaces once I get more baking soda to put in the bottom of the last downstairs litterbox. (I ran out.) I tried Pa-Purr, neglecting to get the clumping kind, and I hated it. Maybe the clumping kind would be better; I don't know.

One point in World's Best's favor: Virtually no dust at all. I was impressed. Odor Lockers, however, says it's 99% dust free, and while there wasn't as much dust as the clay litters, there was definitely some dust.

I am also wondering that if World's Best is really just coarsely ground corn, what's stopping me from buying a grinder and grinding my own to the same consistency? $7.50 for 50 lbs of cracked or whole corn is much better than $6.99 for an 8 lb bag of World's Best Cat Litter. (Yes, I found a cheap supply. It is $9.99 a bag at Kroger for the same amount.)

Sure, the initial investment of the grinder would be expensive, unless I find a cheap one on ebay or something, but in the short run, it would pay for itself in the lack of cat litter I would have to buy. And I can always grind my own flour... :)

Comments

Popular Posts