I forgot to say Happy Earth Day!

I sowed half my seeds today, but didn't get much of anything else done outside, other than to enjoy the weather. I'm still doing laundry.

And I took all the sheets off my bed, and saw that my mattress pad, which is a cheap-o one, isn't looking very good. So I went online to see if I could get a cotton one, perhaps, instead of a polyester one, since they just don't last very long at all, but I refuse to pay $50-$100 (or more) for a twin-sized mattress pad. And I wondered if I could just make my own.

There don't seem to be instructions anywhere on the internet, at least not that I've found as of yet, but how hard could it really be? If I reused the elastic from my current one (which is fine; it has great elastic) and just made a sort of quilted middle for it, would that be so difficult? It doesn't seem so. I have plenty of nice 100% cotton sheets I could use for this. Hmm.

I might have to try it and see if it works. The only issue is that I kind of need the mattress pad on my bed tonight, or else I'll have to take everything apart again... Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts