Whew!

I started writing this post earlier, but then my internet connection decided to fizzle, so I had to restart. Argh.

Anyway, my budget for the auction was $50. I spent $60, which isn't bad at all; I actually came within $10 of keeping within my budget. So that's cool.

The only problem is that I bought fabric. Yes. Despite the fact that I don't really need any more fabric. However, my justification was that for a total of $35 I ended up with four quilts (one in pieces, one in bad shape, and two in great shape), another wool blanket (pink, even!), at least a dozen (honestly, probably more like two dozen) flat sheets that can be used as quilt backs or pieces, including some really nice old muslin sheets, a stack of fabric ranging from upholstery fabric to nice cotton prints to some drapes I stuck in a box at the end of my driveway for the garbage pickers if they want it, pillowcases, vintage tablecloths (three; one with strawberries), a small child's wall hanging quilt with a name on it--Madelyn Julia, or something like that, some dish towels, a bunch of handkerchiefs, and two big white plastic wheeled bins that would be great for dirt. I also got a Dazey butter churn, but not the normal ones with glass jars. Mine is like this, but I only have the churn part, not the base. Still, it's cool, and only cost $25.

So I really didn't do too badly. I didn't buy any boxes of junk, I only bid on a couple of other things that I lost, and I managed to stay pretty much within my budget. However, we were there all day long. It was in the mid-70s today, I think, and while I was comfy enough in jeans and a tank top (with a thin shirt overtop), it was really hot in the sunlight and by the time the auction was over, it felt more like 80 degrees than 75. Whew.

I should sleep well tonight, though. I'm planning to leave my bedroom window open. Mmmm. Nice cool air. :)

Tomorrow, I will be doing mountains of laundry (quilts and the rest of the sheets and then what fabric I can wash), and I have to clean out my car as well from Goodwill last night. And then I will take photos of and post some auctions a day late, and work on a custom doll I have to get finished. Among other things.

Luckily, there are no auctions tomorrow. Well, there are, but none I need to go to.

Comments

Popular Posts